Ford Transit Connect Forum

Replacement Wheel Covers

AberdeenWoods

Hey there... I am new to this forum, but need some suggestions.....

Lost a hubcap/wheel cover somewhere on Friday (drove about 200 miles, not interested in looking for it) and I am looking for options to replace it - or all four, since now would be the time, right?

2012 TC XLT Premium.... Silver. Bought it this spring, really enjoying it!

Might try a wrecking yard to find a stock wheel cover, or if you're looking for a change, a set of Ford wheel covers from another vehicle (like the Focus). At first, I was running with chrome trim rings on the steel wheels for an old school look. But the paint on these wheels is sprayed on very thin and they soon began to rust. Now I have a set of eBay covers. Probably your cheapest option. I picked up a set for something like 30 bucks.

• 1 year later...

Might try a wrecking yard to find a stock wheel cover, or if you're looking for a change, a set of Ford wheel covers from another vehicle (like the Focus). At first, I was running with chrome trim rings on the steel wheels for an old school look. But the paint on these wheels is sprayed on very thin and they soon began to rust. Now I have a set of eBay covers. Probably your cheapest option. I picked up a set for something like 30 bucks.

Where did you get your trim rings? Did you also have the baby moon caps for the center of your wheels?

I did a search on FleaBay, but I only found factory hubcaps. Is there a part number for the caps and rings I can use to speed up my search?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I got a set of Suburban Transit Connect style hubcaps (their #201223001792) for my 2010 XLT. They look just like the originals, but no Ford in the middle. $60 for the set of 4. A good deal after I paid $35-40 for E-bay originals the 2 earlier times I lost a hubcap. I put them on in Dec. 2014 and I haven't lost one yet.

Now I have original HCs on the driver's side and faux HCs on the passenger side.