• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Tile Guy

New Connect owner

I am a tile contractor who just got sick and tired of loading and unloading tools out of a full sized truck. Kept my truck for larger jobs. My new to me 2017 Connect XL LWB is perfect for every day driving to and from the job. I'm loving it! 

Jeff

Jeff, the van won't replace your truck.  You will find that the van can be an advantage.  You can set up shelving, and keep all your tools in the van.  Then use the truck for heavy loads.  With the van, I use the truck a lot less.

A van + trailer has much more function than a truck unless you need 4x4.

That's what I'm thinking. Truck to haul big stuff, go to the dump, etc. No reason to drive a 12 mpg truck to the job site after all the materials and tools are there. I'm loving my new daily driver! 

Or you could have 2 vans , 2 pickups and several trailers  if you can't make up your mind.

2 hours ago, G B L said:

Or you could have 2 vans , 2 pickups and several trailers  if you can't make up your mind.

I have been contemplating getting a box trailer so I can take care of all kinds of hauling with one van. I sometimes transport large electronic devices which need to be plastic wrapped when on a flatbed trailer. This has gotten old and takes too much time and is never 100% water tight.

Before I bought a van, I thought about a commercial top for the truck bed.  

It's a trade off.  The van does not tow or haul as much weight.  But gets better mileage, and I have 7 passenger seating.

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 16.32.57.png

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 16.11.40.png

On 2/3/2021 at 9:47 AM, mrtn said:

getting a box trailer

Very Handy1549345776_TransitConnectcargorun.png.6e94a2c83fd2579bc96436950b710237.png

6 hours ago, G B L said:

Very Handy

Absolutely. I need a much bigger one than my Cargo Connect. 12 ft long and 5'10" tall.

6911_1.jpg

On 2/7/2021 at 7:05 AM, mrtn said:

12 ft long and 5'10" tall.

Well that will be a Good test for the TC . You will need to be careful.  It will be very easy to over stuff.

5 hours ago, G B L said:

Well that will be a Good test for the TC . You will need to be careful.  It will be very easy to over stuff.

Overstuffing is not an issue. I have a very specific use for it, light but large loads:

Screenshot_20210209-211710.png

On 2/9/2021 at 2:19 PM, mrtn said:

Overstuffing is not an issue

Nice,  you have more self control than I do.  I find that it is very hard  to match the inflow to the outflow .

The enclosed trailer is great because eliminates having to unload the Item because of weather.