Ford Transit Connect Forum

Need help in Arizona - 2014+ Wagon

JonnyBoy

Howdy, folks!  Can anyone living in Tucson/Phoenix, Arizona (or nearby) that owns a 2nd generation Connect Wagon (trim doesn't matter) please help me?  I need to hand measure Front Driver's seat, which includes removing/re-installing for a project I'm working on.  I have the Ford Workshop Manual section on seat removal with proper torque specs and I also have all correct tools, including torque wrench. 

I have cash to give you for your time.  This will be a 2-part process; first time we meet, preferably asap, I'll need less than 1hr.  Second time (late Nov), I'll need 1-2hrs.

Please respond here, or PM me.  Thanks for your help!

G B L's idea is good. Another source is Enterprise, they rent out TC wagons. But wagons and vans are the same body (at least when comparing SWB or LWB to the same), so the front seat area is the same across the board for Gen 2. 

Thanks, a million gents!  I'm currently talking with a very nice gentlemen from the forum about helping locally; hopefully this will be a win-win.

On 11/14/2020 at 5:13 PM, G B L said:

If you cannot find any one check the salvage yards there one there you could measure and you would only have to remove the seat.

This is a fantastic idea I never thought of!!!  I will investigate if any salvage yards that allow pull-your-own have them.

On 11/14/2020 at 7:29 PM, jrm223 said:

G B L's idea is good. Another source is Enterprise, they rent out TC wagons. But wagons and vans are the same body (at least when comparing SWB or LWB to the same), so the front seat area is the same across the board for Gen 2. 

Boy, if only that were true I'd have saved 4 hours minimum searching.  I've checked/called every major rental company and none offer the TCs, only the Transits.  I've found multiple non-local options on Turo and FordVan-Rentals.com out of San Diego.

Must be a market thing or recent change; I've had an Enterprise-owned TC XLT wagon as a rental through the Ford dealer I bought my van at, when mine was in getting some work. That was up in northwest suburbs of Chicago around 2015-2016, though.