• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
StoMillionaire

2016 Driver's Foot Rest

Hi all! New to the forum, but I recently bought a 2016 wagon that didn't come with floor mats. I ended up buying a set from Ford. Everything fit perfectly, except the driver's floor mat. I double checked my order and realized I bought mats for the 2019-2020. This was completely my fault, so I'd like to try and make them work if possible.

It looks like the only they that is keeping the mat from fitting is a plastic foot rest. I don't see any bolts holding it, or any other obvious way to remove it. Does anyone know if it can be removed without leaving a big carpetless patch in my footwell?

IMG_2131.thumb.jpg.feb24974fcc41abe6c5622721e9f05dc.jpg

Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure that's just a plastic cover for the actual floorboard. That little footrest was actually a good selling point for me, as I'm an amputee and that makes getting in a whole lot easier - just plant my good foot, grab the pillar handle, and boost myself in. Anyway, that foot rest feels rock solid - way too solid for just a plastic wedge.

Luck with it, but I think your Plan B would involve either a torch, a really big hammer, or both.

Probably nothing a bit of spit and polish couldn't clean up.