Ford Transit Connect Forum

2013 TC Front Headliner Removal

TCJB

Hello fellow TC owners! I recently bought a 2013 TC thats going to be used as a camper van, however there is a leak in the front and i cannot figure out where its coming from. Hence, I need to remove the front headliner. However I cannot find anything online for how to do this without breaking anything. Looking to put it back up when I solve the leak situation so Im looking to not damage the headliner. Any help would be much appreciated !!!

I have already disassembled the top shelf and whatnot, and the headliner is still help in place by 4 socket type things (where the front and back headliner should meet). 

I pulled the front headliner (only headliner) in my 2nd gen by reaching my hand in behind/above the headliner and carefully pulling down, the Christmas tree deals just pulled straight down without issue. After first removing the plastic shelf, of course. 

Leaking antenna - sounds like maybe coming up with a new sealant method? Remove it, run a thin bead of maybe silicone or some other sealant, on the bottom mating surface, and then reinstall. Keep the headliner off for a couple rain storms to make sure the leak is fixed. Are you able to see exactly where it's leaking in from on the antenna? The hole where the bolt & wires go through, or perhaps the inside of the wire pass-through bolt itself? The latter would probably require a replacement antenna, rather than trying to fix leaks in the seams of the antenna body - or, coat the whole thing in that PlastiDip rubber coating and then reinstall when cured. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2020 at 3:43 PM, TCJB said:

Hello fellow TC owners! I recently bought a 2013 TC thats going to be used as a camper van, however there is a leak in the front and i cannot figure out where its coming from. Hence, I need to remove the front headliner. However I cannot find anything online for how to do this without breaking anything. Looking to put it back up when I solve the leak situation so Im looking to not damage the headliner. Any help would be much appreciated !!!

I have already disassembled the top shelf and whatnot, and the headliner is still help in place by 4 socket type things (where the front and back headliner should meet). 

I've got the same issue on my 2015.. just fried my standard stereo..  I think it's coming throught the antenna also.. I'm going to investigate tomorrow and see what's up