Ford Transit Connect Forum

Ignition Switched Fuse for Dashcam? 2016 Connect Titanuim

Hello!

Does anyone know if there is an ignition switched fuse in the passenger footwell fusebox on a 2016 Tourneo Connect Titanium? 

OR, is there an ignition switched fuse in either the Engine bay fusebox or the Luggage Compartment fusebox? 

I need an ignition switched source to piggyback from for a dashcam so that it turns on and off with the ignition.

OK, just following up to let folk know how I did this.  I couldn't find an ignition switched fuse in the passenger footwell so I routed the dashcam wire down the passenger side windscreen trim, out through the body in front of the door and into the engine bay.  I piggybacked the rear windscreen wiper 15A fuse which is ignition switched.  The dashcam now turns on with the ignition. 

On the whole this was a lot more work than I expected.  If anyone knows a better way I'd like to hear it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Guys,  Over here in the UK we have a USB socket in the under seat compartment (Three Seat Model), I've only just done this, but I got hold of a 9ft long USB lead and I fed the cable from here to the Dash Cam in the centre of the upper windscreen, it takes it's power from the radio (5v) and sleeps when the vehicle is locked.  Done this on my 2013 Mercedes C Class too, works a treat.

Be safe..

Dave

Here's a shot of how I tapped into the rear fuse box for my needs. The red and yellow are constant and switched power to the front. Blue and green are both switched for use at the rear. I have an accessory box at the front to make it easier to add extra circuits and pick switched or unswitched as needed just by moving where the fuse is plugged in. Front is supply for a phone charger, 12v outlet in overhead shelf, and USB connector in shelf for dashcam. The rear has so far just been used for a dashcam.

20150917_012518.jpg

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, eggman14 said:

There are loads in the footwell fusebox of ignition feeds. install a fuse tap to any one and off you go. you need a multimeter. mine is wired this way in my van plus 5 others i did at work

What year? Mine is a 2020 and I understand there are drastic differences. See the thread titled What happened to my 2019 TC fuse box? What happened to my 2019 TC fuse box?

Edited by billet_@bellsouth.net

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 1:23 PM, billet_@bellsouth.net said:

What year? Mine is a 2020 and I understand there are drastic differences. See the thread titled What happened to my 2019 TC fuse box? What happened to my 2019 TC fuse box?

i have a 2019 connect and it has the triple blade fuses which i bought fuse taps for. then plugged fuse taps into bcm in the footwell.

8 hours ago, eggman14 said:

i have a 2019 connect and it has the triple blade fuses which i bought fuse taps for. then plugged fuse taps into bcm in the footwell.

I actually found ignition on leads in the clamshell on the windshield. Tapped into this to power my always on rear monitor. Worked out well.