Ford Transit Connect Forum

Hill assist / traction control / ABS brake / warning light on

Bart Luther

Having problems with the  Hill assist/traction control / ABS brake/warning light coming on intermittently. Sometimes at startup and it goes away other times while driving on and off. When this happens I lose my speedometer and the steering gets harder.   I have searched the forum for information with no luck. Google search has some info with others that heve experienced these issues but I am looking for some specific basic questions that I need some help with.  Looks like there can be many caused but a faulty speed sensor is the #1 culprit of these issues and that is where I want to start my diagnosis. The first question - Is this only one-speed sensor or is these a sensory for all the wheels?  Exactly where is the location of the Speed sensor and magnetic ring known for failure? The last question, for now, is -  How complicated and involved is this job? I am a pretty good shade tree mechanic but Know my limitations. I would rather try to spend a little time trying to fix this myself if possible basically to try a avoid a high-cost repair bill. my vehicle is A 2016 Transit connect Titanium wagon. and most of my research seems to be on other models so I am looking for information specific to my van. Thanks for any advice on how to get my problem with this issue resolved.  

Buy a scan tool and read the DTC codes. Forscan and a cheap elm327 (obdII reader) device works well. 

I got the same error when there was a communication fault on the bus caused by my obdII reader. It's almost impossible to work on these vehicles without a scan tool.

• 8 months later...

I’m getting similar issues with my 2015 Transit Connect XLT. Only, it has turned off completely while driving on the road, leaving me like a bump on a log. Upon scanning for codes, I’ve come across P065B as being the most prominent one that might be causing total engine failure. Does anybody have any recommendations?

2BFAD7CB-4066-448D-8A08-DBA22ADDCDC6.jpeg

Google those codes. The first two are problems with the system voltage. Easy way to monitor voltage is with a cigarette lighter USB adapter with voltage display. Your scan tool will also measure the alternator voltage and current. I would start with those measurements and monitoring.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am dealing with this exact problem (see my post in the "lounge" section).  I have tried many suggested fixes, including changing out the brake light switch, but to no good end.  The problem has also changed from intermittent to permanent and I have no speedometer or other digital readouts.

I tried to check my combined F7/F8/F19 fuse but can't dislodge it...how do you get this piece out to test it?