ncranchero

2018 XLT- Reverse camera question

I’m about 3 weeks in on my 2018 and have a couple questions. 

1- the screen is considerably dimmer than my 2014 was. Any adjustments to brighten it up?

2- on the 2014 when going from reverse to neutral the camera would stay on, the 2018 doesn’t. The 2014 allowed me to park (with the brake up) and keep an eye on what’s happening behind me. I miss that. Any comments?

I think I’ve read all the camera posts and not seen references to my questions. My screen does show the minus/magnifying glass discussed elsewhere so I’ll have to play with that now.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

In my '18 owners manual, it says there is a setting for turning on the Rear Camera Delay.  It says the camera will stay on until the vehicle reaches 5.0 mph.  But, I haven't tried it yet.

I read that on here somewhere but guess I didn’t relate it to the neutral difference. I’ll have a look at that. Thanks.

12 hours ago, ncranchero said:

The 2014 allowed me to park (with the brake up) and keep an eye on what’s happening behind me. I miss that. Any comments?

Thanks for that I have a 2014 and did not know that it will help when hooking up the trailer

I tried the suggestions with mixed results. The “-/magnifying glass” tip works great. The display delay does work but the camera still turns off after a short delay. I don’t have Sync 3 only Sync. Model year changes I guess. Oh well....

You could add a second camera and monitor.   They are relatively cheap.  I added one to look out the side of my cargo van, total cost was about $200.

True, just wondering why the difference.