Ford Transit Connect Forum

Oil Leak

Fifty150

8 hours ago, G B L said:

Well that kills a thousand dollar bill.  Was the warranty still in effect?

Covered under new car warranty. 

Just something for everyone else to pay attention to.  That little bit of oil or grease you might see, but figure it's nothing.....Or you might hear a little rattle, but can't figure it out.  Maybe it just doesn't seem like it's driving straight or the tires aren't wearing evenly.  

Get as much done under warranty as possible.  That's why you bought new instead of used.  

5 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

Covered under new car warranty. 

Just something for everyone else to pay attention to.  That little bit of oil or grease you might see, but figure it's nothing.....Or you might hear a little rattle, but can't figure it out.  Maybe it just doesn't seem like it's driving straight or the tires aren't wearing evenly.  

Get as much done under warranty as possible.  That's why you bought new instead of used.  

I average about 6K miles per year and never beat on it so it will be long out of warranty before stuff is most likely to go bad.

• 2 months later...

I just got my 2016 with 51,000 miles back and had pretty much the same thing done, except they resealed the front cover, oil pan, and replaced the water pump since it was leaking. Also covered under warranty, but discouraging nonetheless.