Ford Transit Connect Forum

How do you remove wipers?

Hi folks. I'm trying to remove the plastic panel below my windscreen so I can remove a build up of leaves and debris but I can't take the panel off without first removing the wipers. I can't seem to figure out how to unscrew the wipers. Is this because of the oxidisation or is there an easy way to do this that I'm missing?

2hzlkzm.jpg 2hibfac.jpg

Thanks for any help! 

Edited by thomaslove

Once you have removed the nut just soak the connection in WD-40 for a few hours and pull the wiper off the peg. It's a cone with miniature splines. Do not yank or you'll damage the underlaying mechanism or break the wiper. The best solution is using a small puller. 

3153262_large.png

Now that I think of it I recall having used these as a single-sided pullers:

channellock-all-trades-tongue-groove-pli

Edited by mrtn

If using a puller or pliers you may want to reinstall the nut loosely while you're first trying to get it broken loose. It'll give you a larger surface to pry against and it will protect the threads. And if you do happen to damage the surface with the plier teeth or something, it's a lot easier to replace a nut than a threaded wiper motor shaft.