Ford Transit Connect Forum

focus st3 to a connect

Focuspete1990

Welcome, the Transit Connect defiantly makes a good camper.  Many just put a foam mattress down and go with that.  Not sure about it being more economical than a Focus ST3 though.  Maybe taxes and insurance are lower but I would think the ST3 would get better fuel mileage.  As for me, I'd take the motorcycle.   :-)

I don't know if you'll get something more economical.  Are you thinking in terms of out the door pricing, bang for your buck with payload & passenger capacity, or fuel economy?  I have a 2016 Long Wheel Base wagon, and I am not getting great mileage in the real world.  The van's computer says that I'm getting super mileage.  The tale of the tape is different.  

With any luck, that bike will fit in the van better than the Focus.  

Hands down, Transit Connect is the lowest priced "people hauler".  Most vehicles with 7 passenger capacity sell for a lot more.  Higher priced vehicles are more comfortable.  Transit Connect offers more bells & whistles in Titanium Trim.  

I am satisfied with what I bought, for the price that I paid.  Despite all the shortcomings, such as road noise, less than smooth ride, underwhelming entertainment system, and huge visors which block out 3/4 of the windshield.......you just have to factor in the less than stellar 6 speed transmission, questionable front bearings on the older models, and the noisy climate control fan......it's a great ride for the price point.  I get all the people I want, plus I can haul cargo if it's not too big or heavy.  With the seats folded down, you have a very efficient sleeper.  Believe me, that sleeping in a van is better than sleeping in a tent.  

You won't miss the Focus if you have a bike like that KTM.  Just saying.  If I want to go fast, I ride the Daytona.  If I have to haul stuff, I use the TC.  Four wheels is for moving cargo from point A to point B.  Two wheels is for fun.

Edited by WillMartin