Ford Transit Connect Forum

How to remove forward lower console/dash (2016)?

JustinVP

Tearing into my wagon this weekend to install a mini-subwoofer and a bunch of sound deadening and insulation. It's been pretty intuitive, the tricky stuff I've been able to search here for info. The last piece (I hope) that I need to figure out is the forward lower console, and then I'll be able to remove the carpet.

Anyone know how to get this piece out?  I pulled the two "Christmas tree" tabs, but I'm hesitant to go and just start yanking.  There's a little torx on the left side I see, but I'm stumped.  Couldn't find any help via the googlemonster.

forward-console.jpg

I briefly tried to remove the panel per the instructions in the manual (like GBL's post). But it was not coming apart and I did not want to break the panels. I chose Plan B and ran my speaker and power wires using a fish tape. It was easy and the dash panel is undamaged.

Thanks GBL.  Pulled on the trim a bit, but I'm in the same boat as Don, some of the trim feels stubborn and not worth breaking it.  I can peel back the carpet with this console still in place and do 95% of the sound deadening I plan on doing - that's good enough.  This afternoon I'll fish the speaker wires, that part should be fairly easy. 

TC-carpet.JPG

Edited by JustinVP