biffstephens

Does my TC have a remote keyfob capability?

I just bought a 2011 TC XLT so it has electric locks and windows. The key I have (The one they gave me) has no buttons on it. This is a huge assumption but I am assuming the XLT version is remote capable and the remote key was just lost. Is there a way to tell? Can I buy some of these off of ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-for-Ford-2010-2011-2012-2013-Transit-Connect-Remote-Car-Key-Fob-Pair-/191970322711?fits=Year%3A2011|Model%3ATransit+Connect&hash=item2cb252a917:g:ocMAAOSwmfhX2ETm&vxp=mtr

And take to a locksmith and have them program them?

Any help is appreciated.  

Enter your VIN in Ford ETIS site and you'll see if it was equipped with remote locks from the factory.

Edited by mrtn
link

Thank you!

It looks like it came with "Remote Control Door Entry - 2 Fob" So we are good to go....I remember seeing instructions in the manual for assigning the Fob right or is this something you would go to a dealer for? Thanks so much for your help.....

You should be able to program your key from the instructions in the owners manual.  That little book has a lot of useful information.  Some of us never bother to read them.  I've still got owners manuals wrapped in plastic from cars I don't even own anymore.  

You can program things like having the doors lock automatically as you're driving off.  My favorite on all Ford vehicles I've driven is being able to turn off that seat belt chime.  Sometimes, a guy just wants to drive around without a seat belt.  

I ordered a few keys from Amazon so I will get them cut locally and either program them myself. Thank you all for your help! I am sure I will have other questions soon!