Ford Transit Connect Forum

Fleet SWB, 5 Passenger Wagon

I came across this in a 2022 Transit Connect Brochure.  It shows a picture of a SWB, 5 passenger and says that it is available for fleet only.  I know that there is a rear seat delete option available for fleets, which I am assuming is on the LWB.  But the brochure clearly shows a graphic of a SWB 5 passenger (along with the LWB for comparison).  Is a SWB 5 passenger really available or did they just use the graphic of the 5 passenger for some reason? 

Here is the link to the brochure, scroll down to "Seats" https://pictures.dealer.com/orleansfordfd/5fc545f50a0e09a70d26a0de8508c7fc.pdf

B. Palazzo Grey seating. Heated, 6-way power driver and 4-way manual front-passenger seats. Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter knob. SYNC® 3 with Navigation System. Available equipmen

LWB. Palazzo Grey seating. Heated, 6-way power driver and 4-way manual front-passenger seats. Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter knob. SYNC® 3 with Navigation System. Available e

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 3:42 PM, Shannon said:

I was wanting the SWB 5 passenger with the factory second row bench from that vehicle.  It splits, tumbles forward and can be easily removed by pulling a lever.

All the cargo vans come into the country as passenger vans and then the seats and windows are taken out.  Theres a bolted in piece under the rubber mat that goes where the seat mounts used to be.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 10:13 PM, MLB said:

All the cargo vans come into the country as passenger vans and then the seats and windows are taken out.  Theres a bolted in piece under the rubber mat that goes where the seat mounts used to be.  ;)

I believe that was only the case for the first generation. I know that seats could be easily added to that generation.  But I do not believe that seats can be easily added to the second generation.  If I knew that there was an easy way to do it, I'd go buy one tomorrow and go get the seats from the junk yard.  If any one could confirm that it is possible, I'd do it. Thanks.

37 minutes ago, Shannon said:

I believe that was only the case for the first generation. I know that seats could be easily added to that generation.  But I do not believe that seats can be easily added to the second generation.  If I knew that there was an easy way to do it, I'd go buy one tomorrow and go get the seats from the junk yard.  If any one could confirm that it is possible, I'd do it. Thanks.

Shannon - MLB is correct. The conversion applies to Gen 2 cargo vans as well. I had evidence that my 2015 cargo was converted. As I recall there is (was) a processing facility in NJ that reworks the vans after they clear customs at the port. Sure seems wasteful but 25% if a hefty import tax. The bolted on front deck area is added (see pic below). Vans shipped to Canada have this decking welded on, not bolted, as shown by some forumites over the years. Canada doesn't have an import tax (chicken tax).

My guess is that the second row seats could easily be added but I don't have concrete data to back that up. If you look at the two pics below from cargo van, you can see there are a series of holes, some threaded. You can take those pics to your local Ford dealer that has a wagon model and see where the 2nd row seat mounts are located. That might easily answer your question. My local dealer uses a wagon model for customer shuttle service so there's usually at least one wagon model to see. Remember to check out the seat belt config as well.

Good luck!

P1060384.thumb.JPG.e2aaab6b5771c52d3409598d403a2702.JPG

P1060393.thumb.JPG.b7db5eccf8b0b7ce2cf0e43fb7486ac4.JPG

P1060399.thumb.JPG.dfe2edd8541ba4c1f8cecb1d65828ab3.JPG

3 hours ago, Shannon said:

Thank's I'll look into it more.  As I recall, it is easy to add the seats on the LWB, but not the SWB.

Curious, what's the motivation for wanting the SWB over the LWB? Esthetics or function?

Looks like the SWB is 16" shorter in overall length and wheelbase. Easier to parallel park for sure. 

I see a lot of Gen 2 TC's on the road in my parts for both commercial and personal use. Very rare to see a SWB model.

Sourcing a decent used one might prove difficult.

Please keep us posted and good luck!

2 hours ago, windguy said:

Curious, what's the motivation for wanting the SWB over the LWB? Esthetics or function?

Looks like the SWB is 16" shorter in overall length and wheelbase. Easier to parallel park for sure. 

I see a lot of Gen 2 TC's on the road in my parts for both commercial and personal use. Very rare to see a SWB model.

Sourcing a decent used one might prove difficult.

Please keep us posted and good luck!

I like the proportions of the swb.