Ford Transit Connect Forum

New FTC/Van owner

Nokay

Hey everyone,

I haven’t made any progress lately because I’ve been crazy busy but I’ve gathered almost all the parts for the shocks. 

On another note, not sure if this is the right place to put this but if anyone is interested in raising their seats I’ve got another 2” set (both front seats) with needed bolts (see attached picture). These are the same black phosphate 10.9 grade 75mm bolts @KevinRollin originally posted, made 2” x 2” Delrin for the spacers. DM if interested.

image.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

Work and school have been crazy busy but I finally installed the rear view mirror/camera and thought I’d post some pics. I just used a couple fuse taps to the passenger fuse block since I didn’t have time to make my own fuse block...For anyone interested in doing the camera install I posted what camera and mount I got on the previous page.  

I chopped the extension of the mount off to get the mirror closer to the window (interference with the monster sun visors) and then had to make my own mount to go from the window mount to the camera itself (had to drop the mirror a little so the dash cam would clear the defrosting material). After finishing it I realized i had to shave the mount I made so that the dash cam would be at a good angle...??‍♂️

Super juiced on how well it works!!! The pics aren’t the best because of the compression but you get the idea.

Regarding the suspension stuff: I decided to just build the shocks since I haven’t had time to pull the stock shock to dyno but hopefully I can get the shocks and TEMA body spacers done soonish ?

8A663B0B-AC04-41D7-8E9D-0A18E0C76CF3.png

ECFFBBF6-79FB-41CE-8830-72B126A12C93.jpeg

FF172BF9-EC93-431B-9F0D-A882F6FD6690.jpeg

27300675-974D-49DE-8928-048D5C5813D7.jpeg

Haha! Safety first! ? 

I’ve been meaning to look at which slots I used (switched and constant) to document for future reference but I’ve been too busy - if anyone wants that info DM me.

With class running another month or so I won’t get the shocks on till then but once I do I’ll post the results! 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, arengant said:

The link from Windguy was good but it seems for the old part number.

If you have tips on the new one I am still interested!

I figured it out! For those who buy the new keypad (only one available now) you have to change frequency of the key pad. I followed the thread and PDF from the full size transit forum:

https://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/threads/keyless-entry-installation-2018.63202/page-3#post-989372

• 2 months later...

Hey @arengant sorry for the delay I've been crazy busy - glad you figured it out, the key pad is the greatest thing Ford has ever done! 

For those following re: the suspension - I've had the rear shocks and body lift spacers sitting but zero time to install either.  I keep thinking I'll have time and then something comes up but putting this on the list of things I need to do sooner than later. Realistically it will be a couple months but fingers crossed!  

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

@Nokay I'm wondering, where did you get the length for the rear shocks? I'm trying to source dimensions for front and rears to get a set of Air Lift Performance Builder series shocks.

P.s. Folks I realize this thread is more than a year old but I figured if Nokay gets this and responds it would be helpful to keep the info in the same thread.