Ford Transit Connect Forum

Turn signal lamp plug out

It looks like the front turn signal lamp mount has stopped connecting. I tried switching it with the one on the other side to see if my headlight assembly was at fault, but it looks like it's just this lamp mount. I just thought I'd check to see if anyone else had this go out and if there's a work around, like maybe straightening contacts or something. They look alright, but something isn't making connection.

IMG_20201217_112541-01.jpeg

No, but after swapping one side for the other  I'm pretty sure it's the socket or it's contacts. Finally found it on parts.ford.com after searching elsewhere for the part number. It was only a few dollars more than the off brands, so I went ahead and ordered it.  Should come in today. We'll see.

You've got it isolated to just the mount?  Did you try switching the bulbs also, while you were switching the mounts around?  Take the bulb out, and look inside the mount.  See if the contacts look burnt or corroded.  I've seen that on other cars.  Never figured out why.  But replacing the lamp sockets and lamps will get you back in business.   I suppose it doesn't matter.   But I would've have ordered 2, just to have a spare.  Now's your chance to install LED signal lamps.