Ford Transit Connect Forum

First time to a forum for any vehicle of mine...

ctodd

Fact is, my Ford 2014 Transit Connect LWB XLT is the only car I've ever owned that strangers walking by will ask me about.

Here for general questions, future issue support, and inspiration.

Will do some searching but will say for now...
•  passenger side sliding door intermittently won't latch. WD-40 has seemed to help, but still not sure what's going on. Luckily it's yet to totally fail. Love to hear what I should be doing for that door.
•  just begun the process of finding the right roof rack

thx,

ctodd

There was a second recall notice issued back in June. Turns out some dealers weren't properly performing the first recall latch repair and so a second recall is being issued to check the installation of the first recall. I got caught by a shady dealer on the first latch recall who didn't install the needed new parts. I don't think they've released actual repair instructions under the second recall yet.

Here's a copy/paste from the second recall notice:

"Jun 08,2020

Manufacturer Recall Number20S30
NHTSA Recall NumberAWAITING#
Recall StatusRecall Incomplete, remedy not yet available
Summary VEHICLES MAY NOT HAVE HAD ALL OF THEIR DOOR LATCHES REPLACED OR REPLACED CORRECTLY WHEN PREVIOUSLY REPAIRED BY DEALERSHIPS UNDER SAFETY RECALL 15S16 OR 16S30. SAFETY RECALLS 15S16 AND 16S30 WERE ISSUED TO REPLACE DOOR LATCHES WITH A LATCH PAWL SPRING TAB THAT WAS SUSCEPTIBLE TO CRACKING AND FAILURE IN AREAS WITH HIGH THERMAL LOADS.

Safety Risk A DOOR LATCH WITH A FRACTURED PAWL SPRING TAB TYPICALLY RESULTS IN A DOOR WILL NOT CLOSE CONDITION. IF THE CUSTOMER IS ABLE TO LATCH THE DOOR AFTER REPEATED ATTEMPTS TO SHUT THE DOOR, THERE IS A POTENTIAL THE DOOR MAY UNLATCH WHILE DRIVING, INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY."