Ford Transit Connect Forum

My tail brake lights are out and I cannot find the fuse box which holds the rear light fuses. I've got a 2015 2.5L Gasoline Engine Cargo type TC. There are no seats or windows in the back, and I bought this van used. I've only ever seen the passenger and engine bay fuse boxes. The manual says there's a cargo fuse box but I can't find it. Can someone take a picture of where there's is and how you got to it?

We seem to be a rare bird in the TC community. You're the first other person I've seen that doesn't have the rear fuse box - I also don't have it in my 2015 XL cargo. I haven't had to mess with the fuses for the rear lights, so I'll try to check it out to figure out where the fuse is. 

Looking through the owners manual fuse locations, I don't even see any labeled rear stop lamps or tail lamps, odd. One to check would be underhood fuse box, F21, 5A, Stop Lamp Switch since you say your brake lights aren't working. 

The wiring diagrams show the tail lamps and stop lamps are driven directly from the body control module (BCM). There are no fuses for these circuits. The BCM gets 50A from the main fuse block. You need to read the DTC codes with a scan tool. This may show you have a short that is causing the BCM to kill power to the lights. Or, try removing all the bulbs and replacing them one at a time.

The tail and brake lights in modern vehicles are very different from those on older vehicles.  Used to be you could hook trailer lights direct to the tail lights on the tow vehicle and *maybe* you'd need to increase the fuse size a bit to account for the extra load

These days, you can't do that any longer.  Now the lights are powered by the cars computer and they *will not* stand for any extra load to be placed on them.  Trailer tail lamps must be powered from a separate DC source, with it's own fuse and the vehicle tail lights just serve as a 'trigger' to turn on the trailer lights  -  You gotta buy a trailer light wiring kit with the switching circuitry to power the trailer lights

Just mentioning this because . . . . maybe someone didn't do things right and that could be why the OP's tail lights are out . . . . ??

Don

Edited by Beta Don