Ford Transit Connect Forum

Roof Rack Hole Plugs

thanks for the reply I have been to the deal the schematic is horrible I have 2 different part #s on order the 1st one they got was completely wrong. mine is leaking water in to the drivers side rear cup holder funny they all look the same it was a bugger to get the old 1 out when You installed your new ones do they just pop in like a normal push pin?

They easily pop in.  Almost felt a bit too easy... but have driven through major storms with no leaks.  All 3 different plugs look very similar in person, and identical on the schematics... but they are all slightly different.

• 5 months later...
On 2/15/2020 at 5:38 PM, Redvanman said:

Any luck getting the correct parts?  If yes, please  post the part mumbers here.  I need a full set, the prior owner of my 2015 van removed the plugs and gummed the holes with scrap bolts and silicone.... I want to fix right.    Thanks!!!

Did you ever figure this out?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last week I visited the local Ford parts dealer. Turns out the required plugs actually show up on the side body panel drawings, not the roof panel drawings. We discovered there are many different plugs shown on the drawing. I was only missing two types, the small round ones at the front and the oval shaped ones along the roof. Part numbers are 5288738 and 5288591. Easily found on ebay, but slightly cheaper direct from Ford (although I'm still waiting for the order to come in).

Here's a link to the drawing showing the different plugs available:

https://ford.7zap.com/en/transport/163/no/0/2699/20301/90153/

K028559206.png

• 1 month later...