Ford Transit Connect Forum

APIM Module Location

Thanks, I have the basic sync with the 4 inch screen. It looks like the APIM is mounted on the back of the touch screen on the larger screen versions. I had this all apart removed the screen and the ACM but didn't see the APIM. Is the APIM on the basic sync version located somewhere between the 4 inch screen and ACM and I somehow didn't see it? Thanks again for posting the photo of the Component Location Views. What manual is this?

I believe this is the basic Ford Sync 3 on my 2016 Transit connect . I doesn't have a touch screen but worked with voice commands. I could connect a cell phone via bluetooth and also listen to music from the cell phone. I worked fine then the sync part stopped working. It's like the bluetooth failed. The radio and CD player work but you can't connect a phone via bluetooth or usb also the voice commands quit working. The menu does not have the option for a master reset anymore it did have this option before it failed. I have tried disconnecting the battery, pulling the sync fuse and disconnecting the ACM and screen. ForScan code for the APIM say internal fail. I looks to me like the APIM has failed. I have tried to locate it but it's not there. The APIM is attached to he back of the screen on the larger touchscreen sync versions. On this smaller 4 inch version there is a computer card attached but it doesn't look like and APIM module. Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this.

20190829_152157.jpg

20190829_153057.jpg

ACM screen removed.jpg

Back of Screen.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 8/29/2019 at 4:35 PM, samsearcher said:

I believe this is the basic Ford Sync 3 on my 2016 Transit connect . I doesn't have a touch screen but worked with voice commands. I could connect a cell phone via bluetooth and also listen to music from the cell phone. I worked fine then the sync part stopped working. It's like the bluetooth failed. The radio and CD player work but you can't connect a phone via bluetooth or usb also the voice commands quit working. The menu does not have the option for a master reset anymore it did have this option before it failed. I have tried disconnecting the battery, pulling the sync fuse and disconnecting the ACM and screen. ForScan code for the APIM say internal fail. I looks to me like the APIM has failed. I have tried to locate it but it's not there. The APIM is attached to he back of the screen on the larger touchscreen sync versions. On this smaller 4 inch version there is a computer card attached but it doesn't look like and APIM module. Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this.

20190829_152157.jpg

20190829_153057.jpg

ACM screen removed.jpg

Back of Screen.jpg

I still cant find the location of the APIM based on the couple of diagrams posted its hard to tell exactly where it is.