Ford Transit Connect Forum

Katerack system in a TC Wagon ???

bdmridgeback

so I think I posted it in the wrong section the other day but I was wondering if anybody had put a Katerack system in a Wagon. I called Katerack and they told me they had never done it before and obviously wouldn't go in with all the interior trim in it. So here I am, I bought the take out rack for $450. The guy had 10 of them for sale ?.

Measurement wise, it looks very tight or may need modifications like cutting the 3rd row upper seat belt bracket off. I may still the welds and save them to weld back on if I sell it years down the road.

20190815_144318.jpg

20190815_155510.jpg

20190813_200802.jpg

I don't know how much cargo, or what type, you'll be carrying with a baby in the car seat.  I've driven vans with, and without bulkhead divider screens.  I've seen cargo fly around unexpectedly.  I've had loose objects strike the back of my seat, slide under the seat and hit the back of my foot, fly into the windshield, and strike me in the back of the head.  Just a tug on the sleeve.  Keep the baby safe.  Maybe install some sort of screen between the passenger and cargo areas.  

There is going to be a solid panel installed on the front of the slide out rack floor to ceiling no matter what. Not taking any chances with any flying stuff.  But aside from that I don't haul much at all. I do factory warranty work of Paint Protection Film on fronts of 1/2 to 1 Million $ RVs. Almost everything I haul combined is about 100 lbs. 

It was a really really tight fit. Had to remove some of the factory sealant in the corner of the wheel wells and floor because the rack is a tight fit between the wells. Also, because I use it as a baby hauler after hours, I decided to make some very heavy extra support brackets out of 1/4" x 3" plate steel. This thing is solid as a rock. Now just need to get some aluminum mesh or plate to secure load openings into the passenger compartment. 

20190818_134821.jpg