Jermack

Roof Loads Max - Static vs Dynamic

Couldn't get the answer from the dealership or online chat w/ Ford.  Does anyone know the Static Load Max for the TC?  The Wagon shows 165 lbs, which must be the dynamic number... can't seem to find the max for a static load.  We are planning on putting a rooftop tent on our TC, so I would love to know this number.

If you use all 8 mount points you can load a lot on it. I have seen full size work platforms with detachable ladders mounted on TC/PSA/FCA vans. The longitudinal roof arches (not the middle) are designed to withstand rolling over so the load is not an issue.

I've walked around on my roof a couple times when I didn't have a ladder handy and it really didn't buckle much at all under my weight (190lbs), which would be a localized point-load. I also didn't stand specifically on the cross-supports, either, but the open corrugated panel. So, I'd think if your rails have at least 4 connection points supporting the RTT, and of course those would be on the strongest part of the roof, it'll hold up to y'all's weight inside without any problem.