Ford Transit Connect Forum

rear door not on central locking

Having picked up my first tc I have an issue.

Front doors lock and unlock on key and also on 2 button remote, however the side door is not capable of central locking and the rear door has a problem.

The rear door does not lock on remote or via front doors. I have tried to chase the cabling and when i discconnect the cabling within the drivers side rear pillar the front doors lock then unlock again so it looks like there is a contact on the wires. Yet the rear door still wont lock remotely. Can anyone assist me with this before I need to get it to a garage. Having the rear door lock remotely is something that I could really do with, I have also tried pressing the buttons in all the combinations to try to get it into 1 step locking and also pressing the unlock button twice but still the rear doors wont lock/unlock. Having to use two hands to open the rear door will be a problem when carrying equipment to the van.

Hoping that this is something that someone else has experienced.

regards

• 1 month later...

Having picked up my first tc I have an issue.

Front doors lock and unlock on key and also on 2 button remote, however the side door is not capable of central locking and the rear door has a problem.

The rear door does not lock on remote or via front doors. I have tried to chase the cabling and when i discconnect the cabling within the drivers side rear pillar the front doors lock then unlock again so it looks like there is a contact on the wires. Yet the rear door still wont lock remotely. Can anyone assist me with this before I need to get it to a garage. Having the rear door lock remotely is something that I could really do with, I have also tried pressing the buttons in all the combinations to try to get it into 1 step locking and also pressing the unlock button twice but still the rear doors wont lock/unlock. Having to use two hands to open the rear door will be a problem when carrying equipment to the van.

Hoping that this is something that someone else has experienced.

regards

hi mate, same thing is happening on my o8 van i've just bought, let me know if you have any luck.

• 4 years later...

If you stand at the rear doors and use the remote lock do you hear the rear door actuator ? If you use the trunk button do you hear the actuator ? You should hear the actuator in both cases . All the doors lock with one button push, The unlocking for all the doors comes on the second push. If you hear noise the linkage is bad in the door. If you do not here any thing then it could be a connection and that could be in several locations. Sounds like Warranty to me.