Ford Transit Connect Forum

"Upfitter Wiring Harness" option

Tom899

I just ordered a 2018 Titanium LWB Transit Connect wagon yesterday.

One of the options I ordered was the "Upfitter Wiring Harness", about $50.

I can't seem to find out any detailed information on what this includes? Switches? Wire pigtails? Connectors? The regular full size Transit Has info but nothing on the Connect for details.

Does anyone have this option or know what exactly comes with it?

Thanks for any information.

Tom

When I was researching this topic while considering doing a special order before I got my 2015 I was similarly stumped for info. I did find a few references and apparently it's just a small section coming off the existing wiring harness and left tucked away out of sight. But I never could find any specifics or photos. No idea if it's just bare wires or has a connector that can be easily added on to. But apparently it doesn't include the switches and such like the similar option on the full size connects (which I found plenty of info on).

I remember thinking that I would need to make sure the dealer showed me it's location upon delivery if I did do a special order, which I didn't end up doing. I suggest you make sure to press the location issue when you get yours. Better to have them popping off panels, digging around, or trying to get the factory to answer the "Where the hell is that thing?" question. And please post photos and any other info you can once you get your vehicle. As far as I recall seeing, you'll be the first user here with any first hand experience with this option. 

Edited by DonShockley

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep digging and let you know if I find something. 

I have an ARB 50qt fridge/freezer that I'll be mounting in the back and thought the upfitter wiring might make it easier to wire direct. the upfitter is $50, if it turns out to be useless, I won't feel real bad.

I'll defiantly let all of you know once I get it and dig into it myself.