Ford Transit Connect Forum

Sunglass holder and child rearview mirror missing?

jallenz

Hi I just purchased a 2014 TC Wagon XLT thanks to all the new dealer incentives to get rid of the old. Just wondering if anyone with an XLT has the overhead sunglass holder with child view mirror that the dealer info says comes standard on XLTs? There is just a plastic panel where it should be on mine.

You can see it listed on page 21 under XLT wagon interior here: http://cdn.dealereprocess.com/cdn/brochures/ford/2014-transitconnect.pdf

and it shows up in a video at 9:36 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xg0p-E1gZ8

kind of annoying not to have it, as all my other vehicles have had one and I like using them. (the glasses holder that is, not the mirror).

Just curious what else is out there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I Just had my sunglass holder installed (after three months).

The part number is DT1Z-17519A64-AA Console Asy- Overhead.

Don't give up pushing your dealer.

So am I reading this right that $146 is just for the sunglass holder? Or does it cover the whole assembly to include the mirror?

• 2 weeks later...

Curious how you got your dealer to cover it? I just picked up an XLT, which is supposed to include it per the brochure and the dealer said that it's optional therefore not included but can't show what option it is - and to make matters worse they had another XLT on the lot that had the holder and it was optioned much less than mine.

Ford Etis neither shows it installed nor shows the delete for it.

Both Titaniums however had them installed.

How can the dealer state it is optional when the Ford Factory brochure states lists it under "standard equipment"? I would (and am going to) print this out and bring it to them.

You can see it listed on page 21 under XLT wagon interior here: http://cdn.dealerepr...nsitconnect.pdf.

Note, it does not have a superscript number next to it indicating it is an option, as does for example, the Crew Chief option.

I suspect they are all shipped here without them, and in the conversion process it's sometimes forgotten.....

Good link to the brochure. The last page is important. It states Ford can change equiptment/options at any time after publication of the brochure. It is standard language in any vehicle brochure. I looked at a few dealer websites and displayed the window stickers of about 20 Transit Connects (various trim levels), 2014 and 2015's. I could not find the eyeglass holder listed on any of them. The overhead console was listed, but no eyeglass holder. It would be helpful if our forum members that have the eyeglass holder check their window sticker (the dealer should have given it to them on delivery) and tell us if their eyeglass holder is listed.

Well, my dealers line is exactly what's above: That they reserve the right to change equipment and they delete options during a production year.

That said, mine doesn't have it and a TC that was built after it does. And mine was at the early part of production, which would correspond to a new model release and when the brochure was published also.

So here's my VIN and a VIN of a lesser optioned XLT on the dealers lot that has it. Feel free to scour ETIS for what the difference is because I'm sure not seeing it.

NM0GE9F76E1139055
NM0GE9F73E1151437

First email Ford Motor Company- see my email.

crcfmc@ford.com

Hello John,

Thank you for your patience while I researched into your inquiry about your 2014 Ford Transit Connect.

After discussing your inquiry with Bill Brown Ford, it was recommended that you have your vehicle inspected by their Service Department so they may be able to verify your concerns with the Overhead Sunglass Holder and Child Observation Mirror features on your vehicle.

In addition, I was able to verify that your vehicle is involved in a Safety Recall Program.

Vehicle Identification Number: NM0GE9F74E1159143

Program Number: 14S24

Part Name: Fuel and Vapor Line Routing Inspection

To schedule an appointment for your vehicle, please contact Bill Brown Ford directly at (734) 421-7000.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,

Jamie

Customer Relationship Center

Ford Motor Company

Should you feel that we have not adequately addressed your concern(s), we may require additional information, please feel free to contact us via telephone at (800)392-3673 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday) / 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST (Saturday). Hearing-impaired callers with access to a TDD may contact 1-800-232-5952. Your reference number is CAS-5487995-S4G4X9.

In addition, you can try online support at www.owner.ford.com. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) and links to other key product and service information.

Ford Confidentiality:

--------------------

For security reasons, please DO NOT submit any sensitive personally identifiable information (PII), such as credit card numbers, driver license number, SSN, DOB, etc. Thank you.
------------------- Original Message -------------------
Received: 11/3/2014 2:01 PM
To: Tier 1 Email - CRCFMC
Subject: Vehicle Sales Issues

WHAT IS YOUR VEHICLE SALES OR SERVICE ISSUE?:I bought a Ford Transit Connect XLT Wagon and cannot find an "Overhead Sunglass Holder and Child Observation Mirror" noted as "Standard" on this model.
WHAT ACTION HAS YOUR DEALER TAKEN TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE?:Have not questioned deler.
WHAT ASSISTANCE ARE YOU SEEKING FROM FORD MOTOR COMPANY?:Just questioning the difference between my vehicle and all printed and internet features.
Are you the owner of the vehicle :Yes
VIN : NM0GE9F74E1159143
MILEAGE : 800
WHERE IS YOUR VEHICLE NOW : AtDealership
HAVE YOU CONTACTED THE DEALER :No
DEALER NAME : Bill Brown Ford, Livonia, MI

Visit your dealer as often as necessary with printed proofs. It took me four visits over a two month period. I would have telephoned Ford Motor as my next step.

Ford Motor will push the problem onto the dealer. I believe it is a Ford problem since all the proofs are there printed brochure or internet sites.

http://www.ford.com/trucks/transitconnect/2014/trim/vanxlt/ (See Interior Features}

From a Build and Price Summary Page. Go to Print

Interior Features

Manual 6-way Adjustable Driver’s Seat with

Manual Lumbar

Manual 4-Way Adjustable Passenger Seat with

Table Fold Feature

2nd-row Manual 60/40 Split-folding 3-

Passenger Bench Seat

2nd Row Center Mounted Folding Armrest

2nd-row Manual 60/40 Split-folding 3-

Passenger Bench Seat with Fold & Tumble

Feature

AM/FM Stereo with single-CD Player, Audio

Input Jack, and Rear View Camera

AM/FM Stereo Receiver with Single-CD

Player, Audio Input Jack, and Rear View

Camera

4.2" LCD Multi-function display with steering

wheel controls

Premium Carpeted Floor Mats (Front)

Cruise Control

Rear-Window Defroster

Remote Keyless-Entry with 2 Key Fobs

MyKey

12-Volt Front and Rear Powerpoints In Center

Console

12-volt Single Powerpoint In Rear Cargo Area

Carpeted Floor Covering - Front Row

Carpeted Floor Covering - Second Row

Rear Cargo / 3rd Row Floor Cover – Carpet

Premium Front Center Console with two

cupholders and storage

Rear Overhead Courtesy Lamp

Driver sun visor with vanity mirror and ticket

strap; passenger sun visor with vanity mirror

Front Row Full Width Overhead Storage Shelf

with Grab Handles

Overhead Sunglass Holder and Child

Observation Mirror

Standard Instrumentation includes

speedometer (MPH/KPH), tachometer and

trip computer

• 2 months later...

Has anyone installed this part? Looking at the breakdown for just that compartment it seems it has no release button included, etc... so I am wondering if it really is just a matter of prying off the filler plate and then clipping this in... and then how does it operate?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The dealer said they had to remove the whole vehicle wide storage tray. This is my vehicle.

Opened mirror.

Opened sunglass holder. Note opening push bar.

Thanks!

I was able to install it without taking the whole panel down, by just skipping the dampening gear/spring. Works great and about a 5 minute install.

1. Snap off the cover

2. Snap in the new compartment (2 hole inserts on "hinge")

3. Add included trim piece behind the hinge

4. Put black button and spring into area above the trim button

5. Hold black button in and slide grey full trim button on top of it

Might put the dampening gear/spring in sometime, but really it all works fine as-is.

Dampening would be a nice touch, but not required... glasses aren't flying out.

Edited by EastDetroit

• 7 months later...

Thanks!

I was able to install it without taking the whole panel down, by just skipping the dampening gear/spring. Works great and about a 5 minute install.

1. Snap off the cover

2. Snap in the new compartment (2 hole inserts on "hinge")

3. Add included trim piece behind the hinge

4. Put black button and spring into area above the trim button

5. Hold black button in and slide grey full trim button on top of it

Might put the dampening gear/spring in sometime, but really it all works fine as-is.

Dampening would be a nice touch, but not required... glasses aren't flying out.

What Part did you order? and could you take some pics of the process? Interested, to have all features I can on the wagon.

• 1 month later...