Ford Transit Connect Forum

Head up display / obd hud in dash

Mc T

In my other car i have a obd multi display, trip computer, speed, voltage etc. No i have a hud version i wan't to build in the dashboard. By cutting a hole in the cover that is in the middle of the dashboard and lay the hud in the paper shelf below. So it is out of site and it can project the image on the windscreen.

For now, i can't get the plastic cover off, do you now how to get the cover off?

Many thanks,

Mc T

Edited by Mc T

No help, i used some force and the three retainers left and right snapped. On the cover I cut them done with a sharp knife and replaced the retainers by using double sided tape. And of course,i cut out a hole and fitted the obd below.

No help, i used some force and the three retainers left and right snapped. On the cover I cut them done with a sharp knife and replaced the retainers by using double sided tape. And of course,i cut out a hole and fitted the obd below.

any pictures?

This obd hud: http://www.dx.com/nl/p/s05-4-lcd-hud-head-up-display-system-w-speedometer-obd-ii-cable-for-car-black-334344#.VHSkC2K9KSM I chose this unit for max information, screen color and a relative smal screen. In my opnion heaving this unit now, you don't wan't a bigger screen, it would be to much area on the windscreen. Plugged the unit in and it worked.

No pictures yet. The unit is in place bud i have to finish it, such as non reflective material to close te gap between the unit and the cover. And some experimenting with reflective foil. There is no foil on the windscreen and the image is nice an bright bud under some conditions to much a double image because of the layers in the windscreen. This morning it was perfect, dimmed light and a almost invisible layer of moist on the inside of the windscreen.

Edited by Mc T