• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
francie15

How do I turn off traction control?

Hello, first winter storm in Western Colorado. I'm sure this info is somewhere but I'm cold and grumpy. In my house now but my van stuck at the bottom of my street. I've never had traction control and I only just got the van a few months ago. When it was icy on the highway, I see how it stopped from sliding into a ditch but it also made it so I was sideways and someone could have run into me. It freaked me out. I'm looking in the manual and it says to turn it off on the instrument panel but I can't figure it out. Help is appreciated

If it is a Gen 2 use the steering wheel switch to go into the menu and shut it off , you will have to do this every time you start the car.  I shut mine off all the time.  It is not so easy on the Gen 1, I think you have to pull the ABS fuse.

On my 2015 XL cargo, there's a traction control button on the center dash right in front of the base of the shifter, slightly to the right. Tap it once to turn off traction control and then again when you want to turn traction control back on. As G B L mentioned, it resets when you shut off the engine, so it will automatically be back on again next time you start the van.

On 10/26/2020 at 4:53 PM, jrm223 said:

there's a traction control button on the center dash right in front of the base of the shifter, slightly to the right

That is one reason I would wish for a 2015 that would be great!

On 10/26/2020 at 6:06 AM, G B L said:

If it is a Gen 2 use the steering wheel switch to go into the menu and shut it off , you will have to do this every time you start the car.  I shut mine off all the time.  It is not so easy on the Gen 1, I think you have to pull the ABS fuse.

Thank you, I didn't know if it was Gen 2 or 1, but I did eventually find it in the menu. Not intuitive at all. Appreciate the help!