Jump to content
  • Custom Search


Parasitic draw (couldn’t find the proper topic forum)

Recommended Posts

I have a parasitic loss somewhere. I did the multimeter test and only had .003 showing so I know that’s not enough to kill the battery after 2 min use days


Alternator I’m assuming at this point although I’ve had no charging issues, I heard the diodes get bad in these


anyone else been here? What about the wiring to the alternator that I’ve heard of as Well




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the draw is 3 milli amps then yeah you probably dont have a parasitic draw.  How did you perform this test?  


Dont overlook a bad battery, whats the voltage 20 minutes after you shut the engine off?  A dead or shorted cell sometimes have you thinking the battery is ok but it will never start after sitting a few minutes

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

With All the modules in the  TC there is definitely a draw on the battery.  The fact that you have to reset the radio and the clock if you disconnect the bat tells you that.  

If you have a dead or shorted  cell will definitely have an effect on  the voltage , the sitting voltage will be low and the charging voltage will be hi.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now