Ford Transit Connect Forum

Crackly Hose

Kim

This is out of my comfort zone and I don’t even know if I’m posting this in the right category,but I’m a bit concerned and needing advice. I know almost zilch about cars or in this case a van. In a couple of days I’m driving from central Arizona to Southern California - about 400 miles. I checked under the hood today for fluid levels (all good)and checked some of the hoses. This one in the picture  felt “crackly” under the black tape when I very gently applied pressure with my forefinger and thumb. Rest of the hoses felt fine. After I checked the hoses today I drove about 5 miles doing errands and everything was fine. But with that crackly feeling hose, should  I be worried? Thank you.

3CB0137F-132A-4521-BD45-0E6DE0606071.jpeg

Oh for goodness sakes, of course it is. Makes perfect sense. Couldn't figure out why a hose would be right there!  Thank you so much.  Its a relief!  California here I come.  Thanks, Don!

Probably the most important thing to check before taking a trip is your tire pressure  -  All tires lose pressure over time and if you haven't checked them lately, it's very likely they are too low.  The sticker on your drivers door jamb will tell you what the pressure should be.  For a long trip on the freeway, I usually add 2 or 3 psi to the numbers listed there

Don