Ford Transit Connect Forum

Swopping stearting wheels

I have a 2015 transit connect with the base radio ( usb centre slot and Bluetooth )and steering with buttons only on one side. is it a straight swop to install the leather steering with buttons on both sides ?

16 hours ago, raregift said:

I have a 2015 transit connect with the base radio ( usb centre slot and Bluetooth )and steering with buttons only on one side. is it a straight swop to install the leather steering with buttons on both sides ?

I did that too  -  Never understood why my XLT van didn't come with the leather wrapped wheel when lots of XL cargo vans did???

I bought the leather wheel on eBay and it's a straight swap  -  Remove the airbag (after removing the positive battery cable and pushing the brake pedal to make sure there's no voltage at the airbag connector) and then the wheel comes off with a single nut.  Install the new wheel, airbag and reconnect the battery cable and you're all set.  Whether or not you can make the audio controls work or not is another question.  I sold my original wheel on here to someone who needed one with the cruise control switches

Don