Ford Transit Connect Forum

Cooling Fans blowing fuse

bozz

I have a 2013 ford transit van and the 50am engine bay fuse blows for the cooling fans...Any ideas that would cause that? wiring all seems good . Nothing smells burnt. When I replaced the fuse the fans kicked on like they are suppose too. Then the fuse blows..

7 hours ago, bozz said:

I have a 2013 ford transit van and the 50am engine bay fuse blows for the cooling fans...Any ideas that would cause that? wiring all seems good . Nothing smells burnt. When I replaced the fuse the fans kicked on like they are suppose too. Then the fuse blows..

You will need to check the fan relay, connections, and the wiring.  Sometimes the relays go bad.  Sometimes you have bad grounding which blows the fuse.  Connections could be corroded.  Or there may be a frayed or worn wire which is causing an arc fault.  After testing the wiring for connectivity with a multimeter, you may need to physically follow and inspect the wires.  

• 4 weeks later...

FIXED ISSUE

Hello guys update on the cooling fan fuse blowing...I checked the circuit and all looked good. I check the resistor on the fan shroud and found it looked burnt. I took it off and tested with an ohm meter and found it was shorting. I replaced the resistor and all is well...no more blown fuses...thanks for all your help and support