Ford Transit Connect Forum

I’m a newbie with the groovie 14” connect wagon

Connect4

Just picked up a 2014 Connect wagon xlt lwb with liftgate. I want to know everything possible about customizing and cool features I may not even be aware of or simple mods. I hate the sync and constantly have navigate back to Bluetooth and I hate that. Any tips for anything would be amazing. Also want to know if the sync can be updated. Had the thing a full 24hrs and I love it. Smoothest ride ever and I removed the 3rd row seats and I love the space!

4C4A559E-C546-4D4C-9B0F-2625DEB50AAE.jpeg

B21F7B01-C94A-4E11-BB14-D7F090279B1A.jpeg

Welcome!  Love the color, same as mine.  I have a 16 with the Sync navigation system and don't have any complaints.    Don't know abut updates, I'm sure others will respond to that.  Agree with you on the ride, firm but not harsh.  Doesn't ride like my daughters Honda minivan but when it comes to going around corners the TC is much better.  My 3rd row seats are in and out, a bit of a hassle to take out but lots of space without them and make it easy to haul my scooter.  

SYNC updates are on the Ford customer service website. Login, enter your VIN and it will advise the status of your SYNC. Google SYNC updates for the website.

Upgrading from SYNC 1 to 2 or SYNC 2 to 3 is very complicated and expensive. But it can be done.

Here is a starting point for necessary and unnecessary mods to your TC. Search and browse the forum for even more. 

Welcome to the forum.