JoeP

Water in Passenger Sliding Door

Hello all,

So after a heavy rain I accumulate quite a bit of water in the pass. sliding door. Has this happened to any of you? I’m not sure if it’s coming in from the window seal, the lower trim panel or somewhere else.  Any help is GREATLY appreciated. 

Thanks in advanced!

Is your TC a wagon or van? The side trim would definitely let water into the doors, Check the drains at the bottom of the door.

I have a LWB wagon. I’ve checked the drains and they seem ok. 

I have a 2014 LWB Wagon.  I get water in the driver's side sliding door and sometimes the passenger side sliding door after most rainstorms.  My father in law mentioned checking the drains but I wasn't sure what to look for -- are they just weep holes?  How many are there and how big should they be?

My assumption was that water shouldn't be in the doors at all and that some seal needed to be replaced.  I only had time for a quick look, but the weather seals that I can see all look OK.  Nothing is shredded, cracked, dried or (from what I can tell) missing.

If I get anywhere, I'll let you know!

From what I see, water gets in from the windows.  The seals don't keep all the water out.  That's why the bottom of the door have drainage.