Ford Transit Connect Forum

Just went to the dealer to pick up a light bulb for a rear stop light that burnt out... They told me that I couldnt get one and I would have to opurcase the whole assembly for $82.00 !!!??? when they found out the milege was 24000 they said it was

still under waranty , to put the assmbly back in the hole so they could take a pickture to show there was no damage and they could order a bulb! What up with that ford ???

Never heard of that before, it sounds ridiculous! The owner's manual tells you how to take off the light assembly and replace the bulb, why would they tell you how to do that if you could only replace the entire thing? FWIW the bulb is a 7443 according to the Sylvania bulb guide. I sure wouldn't go back to that dealer in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, 7443. One of mine went out. The company I work for is a lighting (all kinds) dealer and we didn't have them. :banghead: Went to Advance, no got. Went to AutoZone got a 2-pack for about $8.00. Went back a showed the boss the bill. We now carry them, our cost is $.52 each ! :rockon: