Ford Transit Connect Forum

Thule roof system and OneUp double bike rack

That is nice.  

What do you do with the other bikes, since that rack only carries 2?  

My brother-in-law has been talking about buying an adult tricycle for my sister.  Only problem with that is there is no way to transport it.  And I am not about to follow them around with their family's bicycles in the back of my pickup.  Or fold down the rear seats in the Transit Connect to follow them around with her tricycle.  Obvious solution is just to lend them the truck or the van, since I can't drive both at the same time.  But the both of them have a habit of striking deer. 

Funny thing about deer who aren't being hunted, they do not have a fear of people.  Even though you are not suppose to, people still hand feed deer, turkey, geese, and whatever else wanders down into the city.  I'm waiting for an idiot to hand feed a mountain lion.

10 hours ago, AK 2 CA said:

Sharing a photo of a sleek looking setup, not cheap, but my 2017 tax return was helpful.  Entering the world of dad-van’s and child tax credits... 

Looks good! How was it installing the rack on the passenger version? Did you have to remove the headliner?

@mountainman, nothing to be removed on the titanium passenger version.  The Thule crossbars and towers mount cleanly to the stock roof rails.  

@Fifty150, 2 bikes on the back is ample for our fam.  If I am transporting the mtb race team I remove the roof box and add a couple more bike racks.  

On 8/16/2018 at 9:44 AM, AK 2 CA said:

@Fifty150, 2 bikes on the back is ample for our fam.  If I am transporting the mtb race team I remove the roof box and add a couple more bike racks.  

Sounds like Transit Connect is working out for your needs.  

How do you like the fit & finish, ride comfort, et cetera?

For me, the ride is bumpy, there is a lot of road noise, the air conditioning is weak, and the air conditioning is loud.  

The plus side is that the little engine is adequate for the vehicle, handling is better than driving a full size van or truck, parking is a dream compared to a full size van or truck, and it really does feel more like a car than commercial grade full size vans & trucks.  

For me, someone who is used to commercial vehicles, stripped down with no luxury accessories, the Transit Connect is a step up.  But I suspect that people who are accustomed to all the bells & whistles will find Transit Connect lacking.