Ford Transit Connect Forum

Changed dash surround, any way to set time?

MLB

Double DIN installed and got it back with time and date correct but after the battery died I lost the setup and the double din install loses the buttons to set the time/date.  There are no steering wheel controls.  Any other way to access the settings or should I find a nice picture to mount there as I planned? 

You're not very clear, but I'm guessing what you're describing is the same thing I have

I installed a double DIN Pioneer Nav receiver and kept the small OEM upper screen for the back-up camera.  It also shows the time, date and outside temperature.  If you disconnect the battery, the time and date reset and you're stuck looking at the wrong numbers

Right?

What I do is . . . . I carry the original radio panel with the buttons in the glovebox.  I pull the double DIN faceplate off and plug the OEM panel back in and then I can reset the time and date.  Unplug it, put the double DIN faceplate back in place and everything's good . . . . until the next time I disconnect the battery   :clapping:

Don

Yep, Same here except I don't bother with the time reset and I don't have the factory backup camera. I just have the camera I installed and it displays on the new nav unit. The old screen just displays temp and I cover the other stuff with black tape. Was thinking about a nice pic though.:camera: