Ford Transit Connect Forum

General Grabber AT2 upgrade

jrm223

• 8 months later...

So, I've got about 48-49K miles on these now and did a quick check of the tread depths today. New is 14/32", per Tire Rack, and I have one 7-7.5/32", two 8/32" & one 8.5-9/32"; it was raining out, so it was just a quick/rough spot-check that I've been meaning to do for a week now. Warranty is 60K miles, so they're holding up to my driving pretty well, overall. They'll still spin on dry pavement from a stop like the OEM Conti's did, but not as bad. Best part is that I haven't been stuck in mud with these ones. Go figure, now that I have a winch on a hitch platform, I haven't needed it for self-extraction haha (some use for moving my non-running F350 CCLB DRW 7.3L around, though, van did just fine holding it's ground).

No, sir, I never tried that with my local Ford dealer since they had my van for 4 days a couple summers ago trying to do some other programming changes I wanted, plus that door latch recall - oh yea, and NO loaner, so I was having to get rides everywhere from coworkers & friends the whole time. At least they were able to update the BCM & turn off the perimeter lights for me, but that took them longer than it should have considering they had the SSM procedure instructions.

Anyhow, I rarely check my MPG's anymore, but I know that tripmeter mileage needs to be corrected by 1.059 when I do check it, so I'm not too worried about that part. Technically, the odometer is incorrect now, but over the life of these tires so far, the amount that it's incorrect by is less than 2800 miles and the dash reading is a little under 116,800 now - "correct" would be roughly 119,562 by my math. That's using 70K miles as the change point on the tires, but I think it may have been closer to 72K miles, which would bring the "correct" mileage down just a bit more. I haven't heard of any aftermarket programmers for our van, nor have I specifically looked for one, but that would be the best way to correct the tire size since the OEM programming options that Forscan can reach only gives a few choices. It would be interesting to find out if a Focus programmer would work on our vans, though. A junkyard van would be the best way to test that, if something gets chooched, who really cares since it's in the junkyard already? None of them really around me, so I can't do the testing.