• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
bvz2000

Can the 2012 cng vehicle run on regular gasoline as well?

I found one that has low miles and has a decent price.  But it is a cng vehicle.  I will be using it for long distance trips and cannot guarantee that I will be near CNG capable stations.  Can this car (which was presumably converted to CNG by one of the authorized conversion houses that worked with Ford to convert these to be sold new as CNG vehicles) also run on regular gas?  And if so, is there any disadvantages to doing so (other than the increased cost and emissions that are endemic to gas versions of the Transit)?

That depends on the installation. Most factory CNG machines have a small petrol tank just for backup. If yours has an add-on CNG tank then it is perfectly usable for both with an extended range.

There's no disadvantage to using petrol fuel other than what you mentioned. I'm running LPG and it's roughly half the cost of petrol use. Fuel price is .476 vs 1.046 per liter as of today.

Did you buy it? Did it have an extra tank?  Where was it, how many miles, and what price?  Thank you