Sign in to follow this  
FORDTC-15

How to remove front grill on a 2015 TC XLT?

hello, can someone please tell me step by step on how to remove the front grill?

Thanks guys!

Luis

Are you planning on saving them and reinstalling them?

Otherwise, cut them out.  Use an angle grinder with a cutting wheel.  

Just imagine an LED lightbar tucked into one of those offending grill slats which offer no aesthetic appeal, or functionality.  

Well, okay.  I get it.  Those little pieces of plastic do help deflect debris from striking your cooling system.  And if you install a lightbar in that space, you're potentially blocking needed airflow which is a vital part of the cooling system.  

Unfortunately, here in The Big City, people love to squeeze into parking spaces by tapping bumpers.  Any aftermarket lighting mounted on the bumpers will get knocked off.  

On September 19, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Fifty150 said:

Just imagine an LED lightbar tucked into one of those offending grill slats which offer no aesthetic appeal, or functionality.  

Well, okay.  I get it.  Those little pieces of plastic do help deflect debris from striking your cooling system.  And if you install a lightbar in that space, you're potentially blocking needed airflow which is a vital part of the cooling system.  

Unfortunately, here in The Big City, people love to squeeze into parking spaces by tapping bumpers.  Any aftermarket lighting mounted on the bumpers will get knocked off.  

I bought a 32" light bar to mount behind the bottom grill...  Haven't had the time to install it yet... I'm not going to cut my grill out, just keep it factory looking...  The bar is pretty bright but I'm unsure how it'll be tucked behind...  It's not really going to be used for anything other than pissing off my friends when I blind them...  My LED headlights do a great job by themselves...

Drill a couple of holes above the windshield and mount it there.

On 10/17/2016 at 12:58 AM, NateTheFknGreat said:

I bought a 32" light bar to mount behind the bottom grill...  Haven't had the time to install it yet... I'm not going to cut my grill out, just keep it factory looking...  The bar is pretty bright but I'm unsure how it'll be tucked behind... 

What ever happened to this installation?