Ford Transit Connect Forum

Cross Country Road Trip in Transit Connect!!!!

hhenderson212

My wife and I (in November) completed a 6 month massive road trip in our Transit Connect going from California to North Carolina. The trip was huge from a performance standpoint of the TC to the amount of curious people we met that wanted to know more about the vehicle!!!! Ford oughta pay me for all the tours and showings I made of the vehicle. It stored my surfboard and 2 bikes along with other non important stuff like our luggage.

The trip was so meaningful and fantastic (at least to us) I have started a blog documenting the journey. IF you are interested here is the URL:

http://transitconnec...s.blogspot.com/

It is in the beginning of the trip as I have laid it out chronologically.....more will come........

Cross country in a Transit Connect huh? Honestly it wouldn't be my first choice for a drive that long. I get sore/tired/restless after drives of more than about 50 miles. But mine has a cage behind the seats limiting how I can adjust the seat.

I read what you have posted so far, interesting to read. Laughs and/or smiles do go along with driving this vehicle, as well as TONS of questions every time you stop for gas.

• 2 months later...

My wife and I (in November) completed a 6 month massive road trip in our Transit Connect going from California to North Carolina. The trip was huge from a performance standpoint of the TC to the amount of curious people we met that wanted to know more about the vehicle!!!! Ford oughta pay me for all the tours and showings I made of the vehicle. It stored my surfboard and 2 bikes along with other non important stuff like our luggage.

The trip was so meaningful and fantastic (at least to us) I have started a blog documenting the journey. IF you are interested here is the URL:

It is in the beginning of the trip as I have laid it out chronologically.....more will come........

Hey, driving a company purchased FTC 2010 xlt. Currently have 54,571 miles on it after 15 months. The cage the company installed is a killer, can't adjust seat backs and using a laptop is a back wretching situation at this point. Have to live with that though. If it wasn't for my sirius radio I'd long ago have had the stock radio replaced myself. Getting between 25 to 30 miles per gallon with max speed 70 here in NC, one trip out of state to GA. One note, local Morganton Ford dealer hadn't ever seen the thing until I brought it in for the first oil change as it was purchased in New Bern, NC. The next month when I went to have the oil change they had 4 or 5 of the units of different colors! They sold those during the year. Only real thing that would improve the vehicle for me would figuring out to put the cigaret lighter sockets on the switched power side. I really can kill the battery with all my adapters!

Well, welcome NC newbies ! ! :happy feet: I'm based in Denver (of the East) NC which about half way between Charlotte and Hickory, on the west bank of Lake Norman. I travel every Tuesday to Rocky Mount NC so hhenderson212 I might catch you out that way some day. JohnnyKing, are you in Morganton or where?

• 2 months later...

I would be fascinated to know about your cross-country trip in the T/C. My wife, the dog & I like to travel. I'm curious about how it did on long up grades. How did it do with cross winds? I'm really interested in getting a T/C, but can't seem to find one that we like in our area (L.A.) Any thoughts would be very helpful.