Ford Transit Connect Forum

Rear Door removable panel

On my 2013 TC the left rear door has a removable panel at the top near the inside edge of the door. I would assume that it is for installation of some work light or other acessory. I would like to obtain a replacement for it to use for an antenna mount so that I can retain the original for resale when the time comes. Anybody how what it is called or how to get a replacement?

Thanks

Dick

That panel is for the third brake light that is used on the TC's overseas but removed when they are shipped to the US. I do not know the part number for the metal insert sorry. But here is a thread that was started on just what you are trying to do. Shows 2 methods of mounting the antenna, 1 of which is in the same spot but using the actual brake light instead of the metal insert.

http://fordtransitconnectforum.com/topic/533-ham-cb-or-business-radio/?hl=antenna

BSUPC, thanks for posting the URL to ncranchero and my antenna mounts. Using the search function is very helpful to locate related answers within the past 5 years of postings.

dssmithnc, the part number of the hole cover (yes, that is what Ford calls it) as per the label on mine is 9T16 519E44 AAZJAC although the body shop parts list shows 9T1Z 13A656 AA, price $34.70 in 2011.