Ford Transit Connect Forum

Washer wiper issues

I am with mrtn on this. replaced a set of rainx latitudes with the icons. The icons work but left a lot to be desired in heavy heavy thunderstorms. I have now switched the icons out for a set of trico flex beam. I really like the rainx latitudes and the bosch icons were not to awfully bad, but the tricos are just down right pathetic in a good hard 18 wheelers pulling off the road type downpour. At least the icons allowed me to still halfway see in this situation, but never had a problem with the latitudes. 

Now with the latitudes I did not have any streaking till they were just about ready to be replaced. The Icons would make a up and down swipe with very minimal streaking while on a delayed wiper setting only. The trico is nothing but a windshield streaking machine, they leave more streaks than water they remove. 

These are just my experiences with these 3 name brands on my 2012 TC. Yalls experience may differ.  I can not comment on how well these wiper blades remove bugs as I clean my windshield every night before I leave the house for my route, and if need be I clean it again about the halfway point of my route. 

Thanks for sharing your experiences:salute: BSUPC.  The information available varies widely on the net.  It's just experience that I trust most.  Since the industry recommends changing the blades every six months, the blade that works best does not necessarily have to be the most expensive.  I'm looking for something that works well with easy connectivity.  :sos::arrive_alive: