Hello everyone, my name is Matt, I have been an installer for 8 years now. My audio installs is a part time side job, however I work as a I.T. guy. We got our new van a few weeks ago and the stock system was not cutting it for me.
Stage 1 Head unit install
I decided to go with something that could give me expandability and features but also not something that would blow the budget. The JVC KW-R900BT fit the bill nicely. I am a alpine guy all day and kenwood is a close runner up, but I decided to step out of my comfort zone on this one and go with a different brand all together.
Metra 99-5824B Dash Kit
Metra 70-5523 Wiring Harness
Metra 40-VW10 Antenna Adapter
For removal tools I decided to try the knife trick for a change. Dollar store steak knives work better than the removal tools I must say!
On to the pictures.
Few of the parts
Ran the mic on top of the A pillar, no problem with echo or noise. The wire was ran down the inside of the weather stripping. NOTE that once you get to the dash you can still ge the wire behind the weather stripping, just take your time.
As I do all my work, I soldered and marine grade heat shrunk all the wires, sadly I was in a rush and did not take a picture of this.
Wires ready to go.
Routed the USB #2 port to the glove box, very simple to do.
Head unit installed in the metra dash kit.
Installed with trim ring