Ford Transit Connect Forum

I need DRL info from 2018 and 2019 TC owners

I am trying to determine if daytime running lights (DRL) are configurable from the menu in the center of the cluster. This is possible on Escape and other Fords but not on my 2016 TC.

Please check the settings menu and let me know if you have a setting for daytime running lights. I only need to know if it exists and what your trim level is. 

For example: YES, 2019 XLT

Thank you!

IMG_20220226_151044603.thumb.jpg.798ab80f265a998341a5d60dbbd2b6d5.jpgIMG_20220226_151052283.thumb.jpg.d2457776ac4072d6eb9f8b98a93121c8.jpg

I am trying to change the configuration in my 2016 with Forscan to have configurable DRL. I found some documents that show in 2017 and 2018 DRL was optional but configurable in most trim levels. Then in 2019 it was only configurable in XLT and Titanium trims. Now I can't find the documents. But no matter, if nobody can configure DRL (assuming they have them) then this feature may not have been implemented in our market. I may be chasing an option that doesn't exist.

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2022 at 12:24 AM, sabasigh said:

Hi i just got a 2018 XL and was also looking for some Forscan info to configure this.

This guy has a good blog post write-up on how to disable the approach lights using Forscan. While the capabilities of Forscan have expanded since, you should be able to glean enough insight from his how-to to disable or enable the DRLs on your TC.

I looked at the options configured in the factory on several 2018s using ETIS and it lists "configurable DRL". So I think a 2018 and 2019 can be confiured to have a DRL menu in the center information display (between the speedo and tach). Forscan has settings for "configurable DRL" but along with the apporach light setting, my 2016 BCM firmware does not support these functions. I would have to update the firmware which has risks that may not be worth it. This is good reminder that if you are using Forscan, be careful not to experiment with settings that are not available in your TC. You can cause some errors that can be difficult to correct. I

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, sabasigh said:

I tried to edit that DRL and send 03 Always Dipped to the van again but it just sd no changes

Yes, Forscan saw it was already set to 03.

I'm doing some more research to see if there is a DRL menu in the cluster. Probably not...

Edited by Don Ridley

• 2 months later...

So i swapped in a color IPC in my 2018 XL but it does not give me a menu option in the cluster for DRL config.

Went back into Forscan and set DRL to: Always dipped lights except in Position P.

According to this thread: 2018 Transit Connect DRL & Keyless Entry Light Flash - FORScan forum that setting appears to disable DRL for a 2018 XL

It doesn't for mine. I then reset it back to "Always dipped lights except in Position P. Adjustable to STDLGITH (DTRL) [what it was] hoping that this would give the menu option in the cluster, but still no joy.

Trying to decipher/compare some of the as-builts to be able to give me the option in the cluster, but seems like it shouldn't need that.

Has anyone successfully disabled DRL's on a 2015 or newer XL?

lYpV2OUHqP.png

MTwh2VeLIw.png

I have spent hours unsuccessfully looking for the DRL menu in the IPC. I loaded new firmware, changed every IPC as built I could find and ... nothing. I'm convinced it does not exist. If I ever find a 2018 XLT or Titanium trim TC in the wild, I'll have to find the courage to ask the owner to show me the IPC display ?

Its weird that seems like FReduction was able to turn off his DRL's just using Forscan on his XL...that's what i'm reading in that thread?

I looked @ this F150 Forscan codes and for life of me can't figure out if any of these will turn on the DRL IPC menu. (it was 100+ in the car today and my laptop was overheating messing with this today ?)

1hBnLHHKve.png

M7OrJVqVPi.png

I would get his VIN, but it's possible (probable) the necessary programming and configuration is in the BCM. I can't flash the BCM with new firmware without affecting PATS and requiring a locksmith to reset the keys so there is no easy way to test this theory.

I've looked at numerous 2017, 2018 Titanium trim IPC configuration and all differences did not turn on the DRL menu.

Feel free to try all of the different settings. I found the IPC is robust and there aren't any settings that will brick the module. You can even try making every change and the only errors you may see will relate to options like Nav that you don't have. Everything can be undone.

Good luck.