Ford Transit Connect Forum

My New Connect

joyous

Hello all,

My name is Joy and I just purchased a 2020 Transit Connect XLT!

I had a 2008 Honda Element but wanted more space for a telescope. 

So far we seem to be getting along well except for locating controls for all these pesky lights.  The ones already checked off my list are:

Dim the instrument cluster

Put the navi-tainment screen in "night mode"

Turn the headlight knob from auto to off

And I've replaced all the dome lights with dim red lights

However, I have been unable to controll the entry/exit curtesy lights, short of pulling the fuse for them.  Anyone know how to shut those off?

You'll need a OBD-II adapter and Forscan software to permanently disable the "perimeter lights" or "approach lights", I believe is what Ford calls them. Or bring it back to your dealer and ask them to disable the approach lights.

But, if you're okay with disabling them as-needed, you can actually use the turn signal stalk to turn the lights off. It's been a few years since I had to do it (mine are permanently disabled now), but I think it was pull back on the turn/highbeam stalk once and then push it forward once and it will shut them off. Locking & unlocking the van will automatically reset the approach lights, so you'll want to keep that in mind, too - that doesn't include the auto-lock while driving, just parked & locked.