Ford Transit Connect Forum

2013 TC. Think these wheels would fit?

bvz2000

Found these in my (kind of) local Craigslist:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/wto/d/santa-cruz-volvo-rims-and-new-all/7216324720.html

not even sure if they are still available but I’ve written to the seller. I asked which model they were pulled from (hoping it helps me determine if they would fit). 

as far as I can tell, they are close to the same outer diameter as the original wheels on my van. 

(205/50R-17XL) that should equate to 25.071 inch diameter. 

the original tires on my van are 205/65-15 which is, I think, 25.492 inch diameter. 

the Volvo wheels are 5x108 but I don’t know the offset or the center bore. I hope to learn that from the model of Volvo they were taken from. 

my questions are as follows (I’m new to all of this):

1) did I do my math right? :)

2) do you think the difference in diameter will cause a problem? The Volvo wheels are 98.35% of the diameter of the originals (if I did my math right)

3) if the offset is different, how much difference is acceptable and what are the implications of a different offset?

4) will the ride be significantly affected by the shorter sidewall?

5) is the extra load designation (XL) an issue?(my current van might already have that as well, I can’t remember). 

I’m not really after 17” rims specifically. I just want something nicer than the stock steel wheels, need new tires anyway, and these seemed nice and a good price. 

thanks

Didn’t get the wheels. We agreed on a price and a day to meet and then at the last minute he sold them to someone else. 

but now I’ve done the hard work of learning about wheels and tires so thanks for all the help. Eventually I’ll get something.