Ford Transit Connect Forum

2019 Ford Transit Connect Xlt Audio and interior questions?

Chillagin

I’ve purchased a 2019 Xlt and have had it for about a month and I am not impressed with the sound quality.  I have decided to upgrade the speakers and I have read in a few places that there is wires hidden in the rear somewhere to add speakers in the rear.

i have also seen vans with rear speakers in the plastic wall covers.  Anyone know where I can find those?

I've got a 20 cargo van and originally added 6x9's in the rear doors. There were no speaker wires there so had to run my own. Biggest problem is that due to the shallow depth of the doors,

I had to use 1 1/2" tall spacers to make them fit. After all that work, they sounded just OK. Ended up putting cabinets on both side walls and moving the speaker into the forward end of the cabinets. Sounds great!

I have nice speakers front and rear and imo the rears are a bit of a waste.  Little bit of fill.  And they get rattled around a lot back there so. 

Put nice speakers (sep woofs and tweeters) up front and a small power sub under the seat and you'll be amazed at the improvement. 

13 hours ago, MLB said:

I have nice speakers front and rear and imo the rears are a bit of a waste.  Little bit of fill.  And they get rattled around a lot back there so. 

Put nice speakers (sep woofs and tweeters) up front and a small power sub under the seat and you'll be amazed at the improvement. 

Mine are not a waste at all. I've got a small separate amp for the rears so I can adjust the volume balance between front and rear. Love it.

Honestly I think the whole effort was a bit of a waste compared to most vehicles. (always do it). it's just so damn noisy on the highway (van) that you have to have the stereo blasting loud to drown it out. And my ears tire of that in an hour or so.

For me the time delay (rear to front) is too long to sound good with the rears cranked up to hear them.  And I lose a lot of treble over emphasizing rears. I don't have separate rear amp but both sets are amped equally. 

Edited by MLB

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 12:36 AM, MLB said:

worth a shot.  How much of it did you use?

I bought 20 linear feet. I knew it was more than I needed but wanted to have extra. Turns out I have 10 feet left and I was planning on listing it on Ebay. Let me know if you're interested.

I did the ceiling, filled all of the door cavities and stuffed it anywhere I could. Made a huge difference. BTW, I also used Noico Sound Deadener under the insulation.

Edited by billet_@bellsouth.net