• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Rick4

'14 1.6 tdci cold start and P2598

Hi all! 

I have a '14 Transit Connect with an 1.6 TDCI engine, all ok, but 2 weeks ago began a small issue. If i start it morning, and drive only 500 meters, once  revving over 2000 rpm, i get fault code P2598, van stuck in limp mode, i lost 30% of power.  I know, firstly will be  a turbo actuator, or vacuum ball issue, cracked vacuum hose, or anything under hood,  but not,  if i simply switch car off, restart it, and then all problems gone, works good without any issue  until evening. So i think, there is no turbo actuator problem, no vacuum hose problem, all ok, if i restart the car. In this case it's not will be a temp- related issue, after 500 meters all cold in the engine bay.  What can i do in this case? I can't found noting. Thanks for helping.  

Posted (edited)

Definition of check engine code P2598:

Generic (Common for all car manufacturers):

Turbocharger (TC) boost control position sensor A. performance problem signal low

Find the Turbo position sensor and clean the contacts .  If the sensor is a pressure transducer the pressure port could be plugged.  We do not have the Diesel version here so no hands on info.

Edited by G B L

On 5/10/2020 at 5:58 PM, G B L said:

Definition of check engine code P2598:

Generic (Common for all car manufacturers):

Turbocharger (TC) boost control position sensor A. performance problem signal low

Find the Turbo position sensor and clean the contacts .  If the sensor is a pressure transducer the pressure port could be plugged.  We do not have the Diesel version here so no hands on info.

Thanks, i cleaned all, checked all, can't found nothing, changed pressure valve, changed turbo vane actuator sensor, and then i get error code again. :-))

Do you have a boost pressure gauge, to see what the boost pressure?

You need a good scanner and a road test  data recording  session. My scanner won't reach the EU