Ford Transit Connect Forum

16x8 Mercedes Wheels

OLDSCHOOLFOOL

After nearly 2 1/2 years of searching, I think I have finally found a set of 16x8, 5 spoke, CHROME wheels that I can fit on to the TC. The specs are 16x8, 5x112 bolt pattern, +62 offset, 66.6mm center bore. Would have to use adapters although the temptation to try and use PCD variation nuts is strong. That's probably pushing the envelope too far though. The high positive offset will allow me to adapt up without pushing the wheels too far out. With a 15mm thick adapter I can get an effective +47 offset, or with a 20mm thick adapter an effective offset of +42.

Reason for the 16x8 is I have a pair of 295/50R16s and they are squeezed down currently onto 16x7.5 rims. Which is ok, but a little tight and the wheels are not chrome. Whereas today's generation may not be that fond of chrome, I come from the Chrome Age.  

Of course a major hurdle still to cross is the costs involved. 

mercedes 16x8 resized.jpg

Mercedes ml320.jpg

5 hours ago, davidparker said:

@OLDSCHOOLFOOL Hurray!  I have watched the posts on your quest for that "old school" look.  I also dig the 5 spoke chrome look.  I looked really hard at a set of "torq thrust", but couldn't talk myself into spending that kind of money.  If they work out, please send us a pic. :clapping:

I remember looking at those as well, nice looking wheels. Problem was 16s are only available in 7" wide and I need wider for the rears. These Mercedes wheels are also in that price range....not exactly cheap. Looked at the 17s of those also but couldn't get enough tire under the wheel to make it look right.

In retirement I have much more time to sit around dream up this stuff but a lot less money to actually do it! Budget, budget, budget. I am working on that aspect but the wife's theory is that tires and wheels are black and round and take you from point A to Point B, nothing more. But a Wheel Whore will prevail.