• Custom Search

Dre3000

2014 TC radio headunit swap with newer oem? Is it possible?

Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade my 2014 basic am/fm radio headunit with newer OEM unit (from 2016, 2017) without a lot of wiring headaches? 
Has it been done? 
My goal is to upgrade my very stock 2014 TC radio to the one with the screen so I can potentially add a oem backup camera or at least connect and use my phone.

Thanks in advance.

This is my setup right now

IMG_7236.jpg

IMG_7235.jpg

Installing a better Ford head unit (SYNC 1) would be very complicated and expensive. This assumes you want all the factory functions.

It's much easier and cheaper to install an aftermarket head unit and backup camera. Some would say this is better than OEM since the head unit can have many features.

Edited by Don Ridley

30 minutes ago, Don Ridley said:

Installing a better Ford head unit (SYNC 1) would be very complicated and expensive. This assumes you want all the factory functions.

It's much easier and cheaper to install an aftermarket head unit and backup camera. Some would say this is better than OEM since the head unit can have many features.

Thank you Don Ridley Thats what I thought. I am not really good with car wiring stuff but would be down to give it a try. What are the better upgrades out there that you have seen? Which aftermarket units would you recommend? thank you.

There have been several posts about this. Try searching the forum. I know they covered various install kits etc.